Elevated & High Levels of FSH in Manhattan Fertility Patients
Fertility Treatments to Increase the Chances of Conception
Women are born with all the eggs that they will ever have, and they lose them constantly throughout life until menopause when few remain. A woman's ovarian reserve is her remaining fertility potential.
Understanding How FSH Affects Fertility
If FSH is elevated, the first order of business should be to increase and enhance blood flow to the ovaries and follicles so that their health, function and productivity are improved. At The Berkley Center for Acupuncture & Herbal Medicine, our Manhattan acupuncturist and herbalist employs Eastern techniques and our proprietary herbal formulas to successfully increase blood circulation to the ovaries and to lower FSH levels. Our fertility treatments don’t falsely suppress FSH levels, but rather, regulate them.
- The significance of FSH levels includes the following:
- Less than 9: Reassuring level, in which you can expect a good response to ovarian stimulation
- 9-10: Fair level, where response is between completely normal and somewhat reduced. A somewhat reduced live birth rate.
- 10-12: Reduced ovarian reserve. Reduced live birth rates, reduced response to stimulation, and some reduction in egg and embryo quality with IVF.
- 12-17: More marked reduction in response to stimulation and usually a further reduction in egg and embryo quality with IVF, with low lie birth rates.
- Over 17: Very poor or no response to stimulations and no live births. This is a no go level in most clinics.
Meet with a Manhattan Fertility Specialist
At our Manhattan fertility center, we successfully treat women with FSH levels ranging from 15 to 30. Many women who visit us present with high FSH levels, and after three to six months of treatment, their FSH levels normalize without being falsely suppressed. Our licensed acupuncturist and board certified herbalist is highly trained in the field of fertility.
- If you are interested in a consultation, call us today at (646) 832-4480.