Treating Auto-Immune & Blood Clotting Disorders in Manhattan
Common Causes & Treatments for Infertility & Miscarriage
We have 30 different types of white blood cells as part of our immune system. In a reproductive immuno-phenotype panel, many of these cell types are tested for inappropriate function. Disorders in any of these are prognosticators for a future pregnancy loss regardless of how the conception was achieved.
At The Berkley Center for Reproductive Wellness, we offer infertility treatments in Manhattan which address auto-immune and blood clotting disorders.
- The following are explanations of some of these cells, representative tests, and their significance:
- CD-3 cells. Normal range: 63 - 86%: These are the most important cells in the immune system. They are low when the immune system is poorly functioning (suppressed) and normal when the immune function is normal. Infertile patients and those with repeated pregnancy loss have values in the high normal range. These individuals have immune systems that are very strong or overactive. An overactive immune function is frequently associated with a 5% incidence of autoimmune disease, including but not limited to thyroiditis, lupus, and rheumatoid arthritis.
- CD-4 (T – helper cells). Normal range: 31 - 53%: These cells direct the action of other lymphocytes. In women with infertility or miscarriage challenges these cells are high because they are helping CD3 cells.
- CD-8 (T – cytotoxic suppressors). Normal range: 17 - 35%: These cells coordinate how strongly or how weakly the immune system reacts. They are like referees. In women with repeated miscarriage or infertility, these cells are frequently low as they become exhausted negotiating the hyperactive CD – 3 cells and CD – 4 helper cells.
- CD-19 (B cells). Normal range: 3 - 8%: These cells are plasma cells which are white blood cells (called B cells) that have been triggered to make antibodies. IgM is the first antibody produced to fight anything that enters our body that shouldn’t. CD-19 (B cells) are almost always high-normal or very elevated in women with an immune cause for their infertility or recurrent pregnancy loss.
Using Natural Medicine to Treat Infertility
Auto immune disorders and/or thrombophilic disorders are responsible for approximately 30% of repeated pregnancy losses. The Berkley Center for Reproductive Wellness is the first natural medicine clinic in the United States that specializes in treating reproductive disorders. Our practitioner is licensed and board certified, and we have been treating fertility challenges in Manhattan and New York City for 20 years.
- Schedule a consultation for yourself or you and your partner today by calling our office at (646) 832-4480.