(LLLT) Low Level Laser Therapy for Ovarian Rejuvenation
Low Level Laser Therapy for fertility is a cutting-edge clinical treatment. We are the first clinic in the New York City area to offer this service to our patients. This technique is effective, painless, safe, and non-invasive. This technology is especially exciting for those women who have poor ovarian function and/or uterine lining issues. This therapy helps improve sperm parameters too. A study published in Fertility and Sterility in 2008 showed that implantation rates were significantly higher in cases where Low Level Laser Therapy was used.
What are the effects of (LLLT) Low Level Laser Therapy on the body?
- Increase cellular ATP
- DNA production is increased
- Stimulates mitochondrial activity to repair the effects of aging eggs
- Improves blood flow
- Releases endorphins
- Decreases chronic inflammation
How does LLLT work?
LLLT helps to optimize fertility in women and men by
- Activating mitochondrial function by stimulating the production of ATP in the cells — which serves to improve egg and sperm quality
- Promoting the circulation of blood
- Controlling inflammation (which is a key contributor to ovarian aging)
- Softening scar tissue
- Reducing oxidative damage
LLLT is a safe and effective treatment to help improve egg and sperm quality.
LLLT should be used, for the maximal effect, with acupuncture
Who can benefit from (LLLT) Low Level Laser Therapy for fertility:
- Women who have not responded to conventional therapies
Women who have egg quality issues due to age including
- low AMH
- high FSH
- -poor responders
Women who have issues with their uterine lining such as:
- -Recurrent infections of the abdomen (Herpes, Candida, Chlamydia)
- History of abdominal surgery or D and C
- Thin lining during IVF cycles
- Men with low sperm count, poor morphology, poor motility and/or sperm DNA fragmentation
We recommend the following schedule treatment schedule:
- LLLT (Low Level Laser Therapy) 2-3 times a week for 1-3 months.
What does the research suggest about LLLT for Infertility?
There is preliminary evidence for the effectiveness of LLLT in treating infertility, with more research needed. A study that was performed in an IVF center in Japan, used LLLT in women with low or undetectable AMH levels. Out of 188 patients treated, almost 56% reported pregnancy and 38% reported live births. This study was conducted from April 2010 to November 2015 on patients with low or undetectable AMH levels. For better understanding, out of thirteen patients with an AMH level of 0.1, six patients were found to achieve a clinical pregnancy and five patients gave birth. An extension of this study showed 50% pregnancy rates.
A study in Denmark showed a 66% pregnancy rate in women who had struggled with infertility of 4 or more years with failure of ART procedures.
Although there are only a few studies on the effectiveness of LLLT, several case studies have been reported that LLLT is effective in ovarian age reversal and thus, can be used effectively to treat infertility, especially in the patients with low AMH levels. More clinical research is needed, although the preliminary studies show high potential for LLLT to be a valuable method to optimizing fertility in women undergoing natural or artificial conception.
Cost is $1200.00 for 6 treatments.
Insurance does not cover this therapy.