Traditional Chinese Medicine & Infertility
Using TCM to Treat Fertility in Manhattan, NY
Although health and healing are the common goals of both Traditional Chinese medicine (TCM) and Western medicine, the ideas on the cause of disease, the disease itself, and the processes used to regain health are different. Traditional Chinese medicine works to treat the cause of physical, spiritual and emotional problems and ailments, as well as the symptoms. Though the goal of TCM is to cure a patient, the practitioner of TCM attempts to do this not by treating the disease but rather by treating the whole person – and the underlying cause.
At The Berkley Center for Reproductive Wellness, we take into account the various attributes of an individual which, when combined, contribute to an individuals health or lack thereof. According to the tenets of TCM, a person is more than their pathology. While treating just the symptoms may yield impressive results, it is often temporary.
Differences Between TCM & Western Medicine
Western physicians learn that disease must be cured by prescribing medicine which kills bacteria or renders a virus ineffective and surgical intervention is a necessity at times. There is nothing inherently wrong with this approach, as it often works. The question worth exploring is why TCM succeeds where Western medicine fails?
- Traditional Chinese medicine offers a number of different holistic treatments for fertility enhancement that Western medicine does not including:
- Herbal medicine
The take home message is that TCM treats the underlying root cause of the problem – it does not take a band-aid approach to care. We want you to be healthy for the long haul.
Natural Fertility Medicine in Manhattan
Infertility is a very personal condition and should be treated as such.
- We use TCM to:
- Lower elevated FSH levels
- Mitigate pain and improve fertility outcomes in the endometriosis patient
- Regulate irregular menstrual cycles
- Mitigate pain in the patient who presents with ovulation and/or menstruation related migraines
- Thicken an unresponsive endometrium
- Treat the amenorrheic and the oligoamenorrheic patient
- Treat patients with partial tubal occlusion
- Treat patients who present with idiopathic infertility
- Treat patients with PCOS
- Treat patients with male factor
- Treat patients whose fertility is negatively impacted because of obesity
- Treat patients with post partum depression
We have successfully treated male factor infertility, including presentations such as low sperm count, poor motility, poor morphology, and sperm DNA fragmentation. If you are interested in learning more about how Manhattan acupuncture and herbal medicine can be used to treat infertility, schedule your consultation today.
- Reach out to us now at (646) 832-4480!