I had an initial consult with a new patient two weeks ago and this is more or less what is looked like:
1. Both husband and wife in their early 30's.
2. TTC naturally for three years.
3. Used ovulation predictor kit for one year.
4. Both parties are unremarkable in their health status.
5. Cause of infertility: unknown.
6. Went to have a consult with a reproductive endocrinologist who did 3 failed IUI's.
Upon consulting with the wife I ascertained that the following tests should be performed:
a. a reproductive immunophentotype panel for her.
b. A sperm DNA fragmentation assay on him.
Results: She presents with activated natural killers cells at 30 (high)
He presents with sperm dna fragmentation of 40 (very high).
Case easily resolved. She takes intralipid therapy and he uses acupuncture and herbs to improve sperm.
The above took one hour to determine what tests should be done.
At The Berkley Center for Reproductive Wellness, our greatest joy is getting couples pregnant. We are the first acupuncture and herb clinic to specialize in fertility acupuncture.
You're invited for a free mini consult.