Male Factor in Infertility in Manhattan
Fertility Treatment for Successful Pregnancies
Male infertility issues are common but treatment options are limited, especially through traditional Western medicine. This is where The Berkley Center for Reproductive Wellness comes in. Our licensed acupuncturist and board certified herbalist takes a holistic approach to treating male infertility at our Manhattan office.
We use an “East meets West” approach, the gold-standard in care, to fully treat the total cause of male infertility.
- Call (212) 685-0985 to schedule your initial consultation today.
How Does Acupuncture Treat Male Infertility?
Recent research suggests that acupuncture may be a viable, non-painful, and non-surgical option for treating a number of issues related to male infertility.
- These studies suggested that acupuncture might have an effect on the following:
- Sperm concentration
- Sperm motility
- Sperm morphology
- Increased sperm DNA fragmentation
Patients frequently see the number of healthy sperm increase after acupuncture treatment as well as frequent improvements in the shape and viability of the sperm cells.
In about 30% to 50% of couples, male infertility is responsible for infertility issues. Acupuncture has shown statistically significant improvement in overall sperm quality.
- Reports from uncontrolled acupuncture fertility trials have shown the following positive effect:
- Sperm concentration and motility
- An increase in testosterone
- Improvements in luteinizing hormone (LH) level
- Increase of normally shaped sperm
- Decrease in the percentage of abnormal sperm
- Decrease in sperm DNA fragmentation
Addressing All the Issues in Infertility
By treating male factor in addition to assisting females with infertility issues, patients at The Berkley Center for Reproductive Wellness greatly increase their chances of conceiving and carrying a successful pregnancy to term. This two-fold approach looks at both partners to help you realize your dream of starting or growing your family.
- Call (212) 685-0985 to speak with our Manhattan acupuncture and herbal medicine specialist today.