Holistic Treatments for Recurrent Miscarriages
At The Berkley Center for Reproductive Wellness, we frequently have women come to see us who have recurrent miscarriages or who are worried about having a miscarriage. It is important to remember that any pregnant patient is always at risk for miscarriage, but there are things you can do to prevent or minimize the risks.
- The Berkley Center for Reproductive Wellness has developed three separate protocols for women who are pregnant. These include:
- Miscarriage prevention protocol - you are treated twice weekly for thirteen weeks and then discharged.
- Healthy mom/healthy baby protocol - you are treated twice weekly for thirteen weeks and then treated once weekly until delivery
- Recovery protocol – as needed
Using Acupuncture in Early Pregnancy
We treat our pregnant patients twice weekly for 13 weeks with acupuncture. The reasoning behind this is statistically sound: 90% of miscarriages occur within the first 12 weeks of pregnancy. So, if we can get you to week 13 you're probably going to deliver a beautiful baby! We also prescribe special miscarriage prevention herbs, as the use of acupuncture and herbal medicine assists in preventing miscarriage that is not due to chromosomal anomalies.
One reason for miscarriage other than aneuploidy (chromosomal problems) is lack of proper blood flow to the embryo, developing fetus, and/or placenta. Our Manhattan fertility acupuncturist and herbal medicine specialist addresses this issue by stimulating blood flow to ensure proper delivery of oxygen and nutrition to the developing fetus.
Another reason for miscarriage is that the body can attack the embryo or the placenta, which occurs when women have certain types of autoimmune disorders. As acupuncture and herbal medicine are frequently able to regulate immune function, these women’s pregnancies are often saved due to the inclusion of acupuncture and herbs.
Healthy Mom & Healthy Baby Protocol
Under this method of care you are treated throughout your entire pregnancy weekly and you will also take herbs. The acupuncture and herbal medicine serves to deliver more blood and more oxygen to your growing baby, helping to ensure a beautiful, healthy and well-developed child.
- The other purpose of this protocol is to help maintain your health during pregnancy and to assist in avoidance of possible complications, such as:
- Gestational diabetes
- Hyperemesis gravidarum (severe vomiting)
The Recovery Protocol
Post-partum bleeding, swelling (edema), sweating, lack of energy, depression, weight gain, carpal tunnel syndrome, and lower back pain are not uncommon after delivery. Through the proper use of acupuncture and herbal medicine in our New York office, relief may frequently be found for these issues. We typically treat post-partum patients with any of these complaints for a period of two to four months at the frequency of two treatments per week.
- To learn more about how our clinic can help you to prevent miscarriages with fertility acupuncture and herbal medicine in Manhattan, contact us now at (646) 832-4480 for a consultation.